Classes & Workshops
- Monday – Zen mini retreat – 11am – 12.30pm – monthly
- Tuesday – Zen yoga & mindfulness – 10.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday – Mindful Living course – 1pm – 2pm (3 – 24 May)
- Wednesday – Zen yoga – 11am – 12pm
- Tuesday 21 June – A journey of the heart with Daizan – 10.30am – 3.30pm
More details below – bookings can be made at https://bookwhen.com/createharmony
Zen mini retreat – 11am – 12.30pm – monthly – at Emma’s Yoga Studio, The Log Shed, Seaview
Zen practices for healing, wellbeing and insight. Practices include: Zazen (sitting meditation) Kinhin (walking meditation) Yogachara (union practice), Taiso , Doin or Hachi Danken (mindful movement). We focus on tuning inwards to find our true inner being and a deep sense of connection.
- Mon 4 Apr – Hanamatsuri – Buddha’s Birthday
- Mon 16 May – Vesak – Buddha Day
- Mon 11 July – Asala – Dharma Day
- Mon 8 Aug – Obon – celebrating the ancestors
- Mon 19 Sept – Higan-e – celebrating Autumn
- Mon 17 Oct – Kathina – gratitude practice
- Mon 14 Nov – Lha Bab Duchen – the divine decent
- Mon 5 Dec – Rohatsu – Buddha’s enlightenment
Zen Yoga & Mindfulness – 10.30am – 11.30am – The Studio at Ryde Chiropractic
A gentle Zen Yoga class for all abilities that includes hand mudras, simple breathing methods, mindfulness and relaxation.
Mindful Living course – 1pm – 2pm – 3 – 24 May – at Emma’s Yoga Studio, The Log Shed, Seaview
A 4-week course which aims to help you reflect on your needs and explore ways in which you can grow the seeds of positivity and mindfulness in your life. We will explore a range of methods from meditation to affirmations to visualisation and relaxation. Along with journalling, creativity and gratitude. Find out more here: http://createharmony.co.uk/mindful-living-course/
Zen yoga – 11am – 12pm – The Studio at Ryde Chiropractic (last class 22 Dec, then starts again 5 Jan 2022)
A Zen Yoga practice that uses postures, pranayama, hand mudras, meditation and relaxation to connect with our internal Ki-energy for inner wellbeing.
Mindful Moments – mindfulness and creativity – 10.30am – 11.30am (The Creative Hub, Newport)
A chance to explore mindfulness and creativity, promoting feelings of wellbeing and a calmer state of mind. Let go of your idea of what art and creativity is and just be free to express yourself. (see Independent Arts for more details)
A journey of the heart with Julian Daizan Skinner from Zenways – Tuesday 21 June 2022
On this special anniversary day (15 years of Zenways) Daizan will share his story of his journey from the Zen temples in Japan, to starting his journey and creating Zenways here in the UK. Join Daizan to sit in meditation on the sunrise of the summer solstice, then later in the morning we will meet for a dharma talk, dozen – moving meditation, zazen – sitting meditation, kinhin – walking meditation as well as time for poetry and creative expression. Contact Anne if interested in joining in.
Find out more here: http://createharmony.co.uk/a-journey-of-the-heart-with-daizan/